Orange Juice

My family went last night to West Coast Park to tour my in-laws and a nephew who are visiting us. The kids played in the swings, slides and everything there as if it's always the first time. Taking a sip of cold orange juice while watching them play, I cannot help but feel grateful to God for such wonderful gifts. It was a dream come true.

My eldest son was not "made" in Boracay where my wife and I had our honeymoon. We would muse that he was made at home after the honeymoon--after several patient attempts. I was a bit nervous at that time that my wife might not be able to conceive a child. But lo and behold, I even have now a twins. Four children--three boys, with a twins, a young cute and lovely princess--all of them healthy and bright. What more can I ask for?

At times I can be so engrossed thinking about what my specific Divine Assignments at work and in my community would be 5-10 years down the road. I want to contribute something meaningful and significant. But sometimes I tend to overlook that fact that having a family is itself a Divine assignment and a high priority at that.

I guess I have to take more fresh orange juice these days.


No comments: