KerygmaFamily Forum



Today, the 6th of August, marked my 6th month in the Kerygma Family Forum. Time flies! I joined KerygmaFamily because I found Bo's audio/video teachings in the website very inspiring. Well, I used to subscribe to Kerygma Magazine around 10 years ago. I would occasionally buy a copy of some of Bo's books and audio tapes. I cannot be qualified as a fanatic nor an admirer but Bo's preaching never failed to touch my heart.

It was my first time to join an online forum; I was quite shy posting a comment in the forum much as I am a shy guy in person. I did not expect to meet friends online. I never thought it was possible (friends in the real sense of the word). I never had an experience chatting online. Browsing through the different threads in the forum, I was inspired to encourage(or give advice to those who seek it) people who are discouraged, upset, frustrated or depressed in their current life. Besides, helping people online complimented my know-how in the basic counseling course I was taking up then. It was(and is still) something very fulfilling to do.

Looking back, I never thought I'd experience the friendship I have now with the people in the forum. I have close friends(around the globe) in the Kerygma Family Forum. Of course, online friendships have its limitations compared to real time and space relationships. It may be far from ideal but good things can start from it. One of the activities that we have is our weekly prayer partner. To date, we have about 36 members participating in this activity. We pray for our weekly prayer partners, bond with them and offer them moral and spiritual support. Knowing that others have their own struggles is already an encouragement in itself to live our lives courageously and carry our daily crosses cheerfully.

I had the chance to meet some of online friends about 3 weeks ago in person and I truly felt the warmth of their friendship. How I wish I can deepen my friendship with all of them not only online but in the real world.

No comments: